The Israeli Customs Directorate published its working schedule during the coming 2014 Jewish New Year.
This year, the Jewish Holidays (2014 / 5775) fall on the following days:
- New Year (Rosh HaShana) on September 25th -26th, 2014, Thursday –Friday.
- Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur) on October 4th, 2014 Friday.
- Sukkot - Festival of Booths, from October 9th, 2014 Thursday until October 17th, 2014.
Note: All holidays begin at sundown on the evening before the date specified in the tables above. For example, if the dates for New Year (Rosh Hashana) are listed as Sep 25-26, then the holiday begins at sundown on Sep 24th and ends at sundown on Sep 26th.
Customs working schedule:
On New Year's eve 24th September 2014 as well as Day of Atonement's eve 3rd October 2014 all customs houses will be closed, except Customs office at Ben Gurion International Airport, which will be open with only skeleton staff on both days, as follows:
On New Year's eve, 24th September 2014, 08:00 until 12:00.
On the Day of Atonement's eve, 3rd October 2014, 08:00 until 11:00.
Customs Directorate as well as the Israeli Tax Authority will be on holiday during the Sukkot holiday which will start on Monday, the 8th of October 2014 and will continue for 10 days until Sunday, the 17th of October.
Working hours at custom field offices:
- On 08/10/14 and on 15/10/14 customs at Ashdod, Haifa, and Tel Aviv main postal office will be working from 08:00 until 11:00.
- On 08/10/14 and on 15/10/14 customs at Ben Gurion International Airport, will be working from 08:00 until 13:00.
- Between 12/10/14 up to 14/10/14 customs at Ashdod, Haifa, Ben Gurion International Airport, Eilat ( including Eilat main postal office) and Tel Aviv main postal office will be working from 08:00 until 13:00.
- Customs export departments at customs field offices at Ashdod, Haifa, Ben Gurion International Airport will be operating as noted above. No second shift will be available for customs export services.
- Border crossings which are operated by the Israeli Airport Authority (IAA) will be operating in accordance with IAA's separate publication.
During the Intermediate days of the Sukkot - Festival of Booths, the automatic customs clearance system will be operating regularly during customs hours. However, in cases where imported goods are directed for more extensive customs processes, the customs will only handle those goods which are subject to: direct delivery, animals, medicines, dangerous and radioactive cargo, raw materials for industry.