17,000 private cars were imported to Israel during this period, compared to 12,803 in February 2009
Tax Authority figures published last Sunday show that private car import in February 2010 increased by 33% over last year's figures. Overall, 17,000 private cars were imported to Israel during this period, compared to 12,803 in February 2009. Commercial vehicle sales increased 54.9%, and a total of 1,844 such vehicles were imported to Israel.
Truck and tractor sales also grew by 18.1%. Some 1,034 such vehicles were imported to Israel in the past month.
The figures also showed a sharp increased home appliances:
· Refrigerator imports up by 48.1% (24,885 refrigerators imported).
· Washing machine imports increased by 20.3%, 24,885 units imported to Israel.
· Imports of dryers increased by 18.9%, a total of 3,195 units imported to Israel.
· The import of dishwashers nearly doubled with a 93.6% increase and 9,620 dishwashers imported to Israel in February.
· Television imports fell in February, with 5% drop in imports compared to the same period last year. Overall, 47,235 television sets were imported to Israel in February 2010.