Font Size: A A A
Go to:
×
More in Sea Transport: Ports | Liner Shipping
Voyage Search
General Shipping Search
Please select a port in Israel
Please select a port overseas
Exports from Israel
Imports to Israel
Tools & Calculators
Currencies
Update date: 27.02.2020
Currency Rate % Change
USD 3.434 -0.232
EUR 3.759 +0.478
GBP 4.4193 -0.641
100 JPY 3.1223 +0.221
Currency calculator
Calculators
length area vol. weight
cm
m
km
inch
foot
yard
mile
Clear
square cm
square m
square km
square inch
square yard
square mile
Clear
cc
litre
cubic m
cubic inch
cubic yard
gallon
Clear
kg
short ton
long ton
lb
oz
Clear
Volume Weight Calculator
Ports' Workplan

Zim is moving its operation from Barcelona to Tarragona

ZIM Ports acquired 40% share of Contarsa, a Container terminal with an annual capacity of 150,000 TEU. DP World acquired the other 60%
02.02.09 / 00:00
Zim is moving its operation from Barcelona to Tarragona
02.02.09
Zim is moving its operation from Barcelona to Tarragona

ZIM Ports acquired 40% share of Contarsa, a Container terminal with an annual capacity of 150,000 TEU. DP World acquired  the other 60%
 
Zim integrated shipping services advised its customers a decision taken last year to move its global ZCS container operation from the port of Barcelona to Tarragona Port. The statement said that the first vessel to call at Tarragona will be Zim Savannah, voyage W18 due in Haifa on February 3rd 2009.
 
ZIM Ports (2006) Ltd., a fully-owned subsidiary of ZIM, had acquired a 40% share of Contarsa, the container terminal operator at the Spanish port of Tarragona, in partnership with DP World, one of the largest marine terminal operators in the world, which has acquired the other 60% share. Contarsa is a privately owned company with an exclusive concession for Tarragona Container Terminal.
 
The Tarragona Container terminal currently has an annual capacity of 150,000 TEU, with potential for expansion. The present quay depth is 15.5 metres, and there are plans to increase the depth to 16.5 metres and enlarge it by 400 metres in length, thus enabling the facility to receive very large container ships in future.
 
The Mediterranean Spanish port of Tarragona is located in the Northeast of the Iberian Peninsula, in the Catalonia region. Tarragona is very well positioned to pursue its growth as a significant gateway for Spain as well as a Mediterranean hub for global shipping services. Tarragona benefits from a deep-water port, a strong expansion potential and supporting adjacent logistic centers,as well as excellent road & rail connectivity to Barcelona, Valencia, Madrid and the Spanish hinterland.
 
ZIM's President & CEO Doron Goder commented that “Tarragona is very well-placed to service a large market and the city has recently attracted investment from major multi-national distributors, in view of its established infrastructure links."
 
The ZCS service employs 15 5000-TEU vessels, with weekly frequency, on the following routing: Haifa - Livorno - Genoa - Tarragona - Halifax - New York - Savannah - Kingston - Panama Canal - Los Angeles - Oakland - Ningbo - Shekou - Hong Kong - Keelung - Balboa - Panama Canal - Kingston - Savannah - New York - Halifax - Barcelona - Haifa.
 
 

 

×